Registered Massage Therapy
All massage therapy sessions at Serenity are offered by senior practitioners with at least 2200 hours. These appointments are covered by all health care plans in Alberta and we can direct bill to many companies.
Serenity Now Wellness is an integrative practice that offers a holistic, mind-body approach to mental health. Merging counselling therapies with trauma informed massage therapy and biodynamic craniosacral therapy; our team supports you in establishing greater peace, mindfulness, and coping skills so you can live your best life.
- Establish emotional resilience
- Reset your nervous system
- Re-pattern your physiological responses to stress
There is a strong relationship between our minds and our bodies. When we experience trauma or stress, we experience a physiological response that reverberates through our bodies. Muscles become tense, stress related hormones are produced, and digestion slows down, while the heart rate speeds up. Behind all of this, the nervous system directs the course of events. Our mind-body therapies work with your body to support you in shifting these physiological responses. Through recurring sessions with our therapists, you are supported in establishing the ability to recognize and create these shifts on your own.
- A warm, heated table with additional heating pads for your stomach and feet (should you wish for them)
- Aromatherapy tailored to your specific needs with our essential oil blends
- Traditional Massage Therapy techniques including deep tissue, relaxation and therapeutic for helping you to release muscular tension held in body
- Myofascial cupping to help release adhesions and increase local circulation (if you wish)
Raindrop Therapy to calm the nervous system and ground the mind
- Abdominal massage to soothe digestive issues
- Energy work for inviting emotional and energetic balance
- Breathing techniques for encouraging a mental and emotional shift
- Physical education to help you understand the patterns that exist in your body and empower you with tools for transformation
Sessions with our Senior RMTs are fully covered by all health care plans in Alberta.
Testimonials for Amanda Prokop
“I have been treated by Amanda on more than one occasion, and have always been very happy with the results. She has the knowledge and skill to apply a variety of techniques, and is also very strong and capable of providing the pressures I prefer. All the while, she maintains a calm, professional, and healing attitude, also always taking time to properly diagnose my ailments and providing home-care advice. Highly recommended! ” -Daniel
“Amanda has a healing touch! i first went to see her when I was experiencing digestive issues that were caused by stress. She provided an incredible experience that helped my entire nervous system relax. My experiences with her were a catalyst for getting better and I’ll definitely be visiting her again this fall! ” -Syma
“What I appreciate about Amanda is her professional and kind approach to any issues that you may have related to massage. She has excellent attention to details and really is interested in getting to know your problem areas. I was recommended by a friend to Amanda and I would highly recommend her others that are looking for a great massage therapist!” -Joray
“I’ve been to Amanda twice now and will definitely return!” -Jana
“Can’t say much other than you really help me to relax and you listen to what I need as things have changed through time. Thank you for respecting what was working for me and trying new things. I liked that you sent me some things to work on at home as well.” -Paul