Registered Massage Therapy
All massage therapy sessions at Serenity are offered by senior practitioners with at least 2200 hours. These appointments are covered by all health care plans in Alberta and we can direct bill to many companies.
Serenity Now Wellness is an integrative practice that offers a holistic, mind-body approach to mental health. Merging counselling therapies with trauma informed massage therapy and biodynamic craniosacral therapy; our team supports you in establishing greater peace, mindfulness, and coping skills so you can live your best life.
- Establish emotional resilience
- Reset your nervous system
- Re-pattern your physiological responses to stress
There is a strong relationship between our minds and our bodies. When we experience trauma or stress, we experience a physiological response that reverberates through our bodies. Muscles become tense, stress related hormones are produced, and digestion slows down, while the heart rate speeds up. Behind all of this, the nervous system directs the course of events. Our mind-body therapies work with your body to support you in shifting these physiological responses. Through recurring sessions with our therapists, you are supported in establishing the ability to recognize and create these shifts on your own.
- a warm, heated table with additional heating pads for your stomach and feet (should you wish for them)
- Aromatherapy tailored to your specific needs with our essential oil blends
- Traditional Massage Therapy techniques including deep tissue, relaxation and therapeutic for helping you to release muscular tension held in body
- Energy work for inviting emotional and energetic balance
- Cranio-sacral therapy for supporting your nervous system in shifting into a deeply relaxed state
- Guided meditation and breathing techniques for encouraging a mental and emotional shift
- physical education to help you understand the patterns that exist in your body and empower you with tools for transformation
10 different therapeutic grade oils are dropped on the spine and lower legs in layers, creating a sensation of raindrops, followed by light touch techniques and gentle massage. The oils have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, making this treatment a good choice during cold and flu season. Raindrop therapy also soothes a racing mind, helping one to be grounded and restored.
Serenity Pregnancy Massage
Serenity Pregnancy Massage focuses on the key areas where you currently feel discomfort while preparing your body and mind for the experience of labour. We incorporate deep tissue, therapeutic and relaxation techniques to help you relieve stress and muscular tension. As in all our massage therapy sessions, expect a nurturing experience that incorporates tailored aromatherapy, energy work, and all the other beautiful extras that we offer.
Sessions with our Senior RMTs are fully covered by all health care plans in Alberta.