“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.”
– William James
Signs of anxiety
- Consuming worry about finances, health, family, school performance or any other dynamic of life.
- Feelings of fear, panic, and uneasiness
- Heart palpitations
- Inability to sleep
- Struggling with particular phobias
- You find it difficult to complete tasks or resort to procrastination
Common ways to treat
Serenity Now focuses on mindfulness meditation – a Buddhist tradition that motivates the mind on the present, raise awareness of your own thoughts and behaviours, and assessing them in a non-judgmental way. Mindful meditation seeks to focus your mind, rather than trying to empty your mind.
Our team also uses cognitive therapies, which focuses on identifying dysfunctional thoughts, emotions and beliefs.
Since many mental health problems originate from distorted thought processes, its possible to change behaviours by changing how we view particular thoughts in order to improve behaviours.
Stress Management Package
Stress impacts you on several different levels. To adequately work with stress you need to be able to learn new habits for better well-being as well as teach your body to be relaxed again.
Ideal for you if:
- You feel overwhelmed most days
- You wake up dreading your day
- You find yourself disconnecting from activities you previously found enjoyable
- You spend most of your time off alone and engaged in activities like watching TV, playing video games or Netflix bingeing
- Experience more peace of mind
- Start looking forward to the day ahead of you
- Feel more connected to those around you and to your passions
- Screening for best treatment planning at the beginning and end of program
- Weekly counselling sessions
- Weekly massage or biodynamic craniosacral therapy
Great resource links
What’s Your Stress Index?
Find your stress level right now by completing this online questionnaire provided by The Canadian Mental Health Association. The CMHA promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness.
Anxiety Disorder Association of Canada
Here you can find more information of the potential causes and symptoms of anxiety, as well as common treatments.
Learning to manage and overcome stress and anxiety is no small matter. When you come to our wellness center in Calgary, you will have access to our team of psychologists, mental health counsellors, dietitians, massage therapists and yoga therapists who work to create a peaceful and therapeutic environment where you can explore your experiences, thoughts, and feelings so you can work through your stress and anxiety. We also help you work through issues with a number of other treatments, including:
- complex PTSD treatment
- children’s counselling
- meditation and mindfulness
- couples counselling
- chronic pain
- teen depression
- OCD or ADHD symptoms in children
- adult depression
- drug and alcohol counselling
- maternal & infant health
- pre-and post-natal support
- premarital counselling
- marriage counselling
- and many other therapies and treatment methods.
We help you discover the numerous tools and resources that can help you move through your fears, anxiety, and stress in a safe and supportive environment. You may be experiencing feelings of real distress which can just make your anxiety worse. We invite you to work with our committed team of Calgary Mental Health Professionals so you can experience “Serenity Now.”