Naturopathic Medicine is a distinct primary health care system that focuses on treating the underlying cause of disease by stimulating the body’s innate ability to self-heal.
Naturopathic Doctors (NDs) are trained as Primary Care Physicians in a 4-year post-graduate accredited Medical School. Naturopathic Doctors treat all forms of health concerns at all ages; acute and chronic conditions, from physical to psychological, from pediatric to geriatric.
The therapeutic modalities used in Naturopathic Medicine (botanical medicine, nutritional supplementation, homeopathy, acupuncture, physical manipulation, and lifestyle and nutrition counselling) blend age-old healing traditions with scientific advances and current research. Each patient receives a unique combination of these treatments that reflects their individual health concerns, health priorities, and lifestyle demands.
Naturopathic Medicine is distinguished by 6 core principles
- First, Do No Harm: Use the most natural, least invasive and least toxic therapies.
- The Healing Power of Nature: Trust in the body’s inherent wisdom to heal itself.
- Identify and Treat the Causes: Look beyond symptoms to the underlying cause.
- Doctor as Teacher: Educate patients about the steps to achieve and maintain health.
- Treat the Whole Person: View the body as an integrated whole in all its physical, psychological, and spiritual dimensions.
- Prevention: Focus on overall health, wellness, and disease prevention.
To book an appointment with our Naturopathic Doctor, please click here.