In the fall, getting back to school, work and your regular routine may feel overwhelming. Making goals that are small, achievable, and practical can help you feel more structured and in control. Some helpful tips include:
- Use a calendar and/or day planner with everything for work, school, self-care, kids, etc., all in one place (perhaps color coded)
- Divide up large goals into smaller goals and put each small goal onto a particular day. This can help to keep to-do’s out of your head so you don’t have to try and remember what is coming next.
- Make a list of to-do’s when thinking of them, but them divide them into days in order of priority.
- Make sure to make days practical with a realistic number of items to get done. Planning a day with more items that you can get accomplished may leave you feeling unproductive, when in fact you HAVE been productive.
- Reward yourself at the end of the day for accomplishing your tasks.
- To increase your chance of engaging in self-care, schedule in self-care activities