Workshops and Groups
At Serenity Now we are here to help you discover the tools and resources you need to move through your fears, anxiety, and other concerns in a safe, supportive environment. You may be experiencing feelings of real distress, whether that be physical, mental, or emotional stress, in your everyday life. However, with our committed team of Calgary Mental Health Professionals, you will experience “Serenity Now.”
Coping with Anxiety Group
Is your child excessively nervous about school or transitions?
Do they have difficulty adjusting to new situations, trying new things or meeting new people?
Do they complain of physical symptoms such as headaches or stomach aches on a regular basis?
If you answered yes to any of the above then this group is right for your child.
Worry Smart is a 4-week introductory psychoeducational group designed to teach children about anxiety and how to cope with anxiety with developmentally appropriate skills and techniques. Parents are requested to participate in the last 15 minutes of each session to review the skills and techniques learned in the group. At the end of group, participants will be able to recognize signs of anxiety, and have begun to develop an effective tool box of coping strategies.
This group is facilitated by Takia Angus, Registered Provisional Psychologist.
Who: Children aged 9 – 12 years old. Maximum 8 – 10 children
When: Saturday January 20, 27 and February 3, 10, 2018
Time: 10:30am – 12:00pm (parents are requested to join at 11:45 am)
Where: Serenity Now Wellness 1934 – 9 ave SE, Calgary, Alberta
Cost: $120 ($30/session for 4 sessions. Includes registration, materials, and handouts).
Limited spots available. Pre-registration required.
To fill out the registration/screening form, click here Registration/Screening Form
We will contact you once we have received your form and provide confirmation of enrollment. When enrollment is confirmed we will send payment information.
Please note, payment will be due before January 20, 2018 and is non-refundable after January 27, 2018
For registration information or if you have any questions, email Takia Angus at email@example.com or call 403.454.7600.
Please feel download and share the flyer via this shareable link:
Thrive: Live Better in your Body and Mind
This immersive training with Chelsea Roff will introduce you to our life-changing approach to mindful eating, emotional resilience, and body confidence. This training also serves as Module One of our Facilitator Training.
WHEN: December 14-16, 2018
Friday: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday: 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. / 2:00-7:30 p.m
Sunday: 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. / 2:00-7:30 p.m
COST: Our three-day in-person Module One training costs $399, which includes tuition and materials. If you register for Module One more than six weeks prior to the training, you can get the early bird price of $349.
WHERE: Serenity Now Wellness Centre in Calgary, 1934 9 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0V2 (map), Alberta (in partnership with Mandorla Yoga Institute)
Transform your life and career with a mind-body approach to mindful eating, emotional resilience and body confidence.
Learning Objectives In this training, you will learn:
- The four pillars of thriving: mindful eating, functional exercise, emotional balance, and fulfilling relationships
- A foolproof way to know what and when to eat, as well as how to end cycles of restricting, overeating, and exercising to excess
- How to craft individualized exercise regimens that reduces pain, improves mood, and extends your life
- The surprising new science of interoception, and how it helps balance anxiety, lift depression, and improve digestion
- How to deepen your capacity for intimacy and strengthen your boundaries at the same time
- Practical ways to bring more compassion into your relationship with your body, so that you feel good in your skin at any size and any age
- Cutting-edge mental health tools from the traditions of yoga, mindfulness, neuroscience, and movement science
- How to craft a therapeutic practice from the ground up, or add therapeutic components to your existing practice
- How to integrate this knowledge into your lived experience so that you can more effectively and authentically serve others